FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

& let's begin.

It's impossible to start a blog without sounding cliche to the bone, so bear with me on this. When you're looking at blogs, WHAT is it that you're looking for? something new. something unfamiliar. & usually something that catches your eye. & hopefully this blog will not only catch your eye, but catch your ears as well (sorry, but I couldn't help it.) All you have to do is click. listen. & let your ears decide. If you know me, you'll already have the impression that it's impossible for me to stick to one genre, and even harder to focus on the most recent tracks so expect a few throwbacks every now & then. 
Here's 3 of my favorite tracks at the moment in no particular order. 
Trust- "Sulk" 
Album: TRST (2012)
Trust is one-part Maya Postepski from AUSTRA & one-part Robert Alfons. Needless to say "Sulk" is the perfect ticket into their album that will have you feeling like you're in your own twilight paradise.   
Young Magic - "Sanctuary"
Album: Melt (2012)
This is my favorite track from their newly released album, as it's the kind of song that immediately isolates your mind from every possible nuisance for a little over 3 minutes. Don't be surprised if you find yourself looking up the rest of the album after listening. Grab it on iTunes 
Little Dragon - "Nightlight"
Album: Ritual Union (2011)
A. It's Little Dragon. 
B. This will put you in a better mood than the one you were in before. 
C. Enough said. 
~~~
Each track gives a different feel, so which one do you like best? 
TONIGHT: Catch TENNIS on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. They're a duo of husband & wife and have a classic touch to their music that takes you back. In short: Imagine if She & Him and Best Coast had a child together. 


& 22 DAYS UNTIL COACHELLA! This will be my 2nd year attending, and the lineup is unreal. The sets that I'm dying to see off the top of my head: NERO, Metronomy, Avicii, First Aid Kit, Laura Marling, Feed Me, Borgore, Justice, and Beirut (trust me I'd name the entire lineup if I wanted to because it's that good).   

Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment