FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

LYED x The Governors Ball Music Festival Preview


It’s a goal of mine to make it to a different festival each year in addition to Coachella & Outside Lands, and for the past 3 years I’ve been able to do so (Bonnaroo, FYF Fest, Primavera Sound.) This is my first time making it to The Governors Ball on Randalls Island so I honestly have no idea what to expect. What attracted me to this lineup? Interpol, Interpol, and…. you guessed it, INTERPOL. In addition to seeing one of my most favorite bands play in their own backyard after 3 years of pursuing side projects, the rest of the lineup seemed like a LYED dream come true. The bill overall is a little less than half of the amount of bands at Coachella, but it's been a minute since I've been to an actual music festival on an island. A smaller bill equals less conflicts (you would think) but of course there will always be a point where you have to sacrifice an experience for another one that might be more rewarding. 
~~~~~~~~~~
FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
This will be my first time seeing: Jenny Lewis (I've caught her multiple times with Postal Service, but I must admit I'm ecstatic to finally hear her solo stuff live.) Here's the lyric video to her most recent release "Just One of the Guys." 
Crossing my fingers that I make it early enough to catch: HAERTS
TV On The Radio vs. Grimes: This is probably the most difficult conflict of the entire weekend for me, but I'm gonna have to go with TV on the Radio although Grimes has been giving a preview of what's to come this weekend (and it sounds amazing.)


SATURDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
This will be my first time seeing: Lucius & Broken Bells
Crossing my fingers that I make it early enough to catch: The Internet
Lucius vs. CLASSIXX? This would be my 4th time catching the LA duo and I've yet to see Lucius, so I'm going with the latter this time. Their live performance on KEXP at The Triple Door is something worth getting hyped over (check it out here.)
P.S. Did you know that Lucius was a feature on Friday Fascination last year? 



SUNDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
This will be my first time seeing: BANKS 
Crossing my fingers that I make it early enough to catch: Meg Myers 
SKATERS vs. Bleachers? SKATERS all the way! The NYC four-piece played a show to a rather small crowd in Santa Barbara that I consider an opportunity that will never ever happen (more on that experience later.) Crossing my fingers they play their cover of "This Charming Man" by The Smiths. (If you're not familiar with SKATERS, check them out via their SoundCloud page.)

(Click here to catch the rest of the set times & more information about the fun that's about to take place this weekend in NYC.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment