FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Fascination: Wild Ones

Shortly after I saw ON AN ON play a set (while it rained) during the Tilly's & Culture Collide showcase at this year's SXSW, I decided to stick around the venue with no idea of who was playing next. Once a young group of individuals took the (muddy-ish) stage I realized it was Wild Ones, and I was instantly stoked (while I continued to sip my Lone Star.) Last year they released their debut full-length Keep It Safe, and with the announcement that their next album will be released this August titled Heatwave, we clearly know what they've been up to lately. "Dim the Lights" is the first single to be released, and I absolutely love it. It flows so well that I just want to leave it on repeat (so I did.) In comparison to their previous material - "Dim the Lights" adds an extra punch that delivers a catchier edge than what we're used to. You're doing it & you're doing it well, Wild Ones.
I'll keep it simple, this song alone has me extra excited for August now, and especially for the future of this Portland band. 

Heatwave drops August 14th via Topshelf Records
P.S. Young Ones are on Twitter, show some love

No comments:

Post a Comment