FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, March 26, 2012

COVERS THAT I'M CRAZY ABOUT.

For someone like me to truly "like" a cover, it has to be pretty damn good. Thought i'd share with you a few that definitely make my jaw drop.... and ignite the water works. Yes, i'm a female with raging hormones and sometimes I tear up when I'm emotionally attracted to a song, that's life. I could ramble on for days about what specifically caught my eye in each of these tracks, but i'll do you a favor & cut it short. ENJOY!
First Aid Kit - When I Grow Up (Fever Ray Cover)
click here for the original
Friendly Fires - Strangelove (Depeche Mode Cover)
click here for the original. 
Ellie Goulding - Don't Panic (Coldplay Cover)

This is just one of several covers that I've stumbled across from Ellie. I'm still head over heels in love with her cover of Rihanna's Only Girl from the Radio 1 Live Lounge.
click on the link to fall in love with it too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IieOEvzMjng 

After performing a few songs in the lounge, you're asked to perform a cover chosen from a list of current hit singles. A recent cover from the Radio 1 Live Lounge that I literally couldn't take off repeat for a few days is one from Bombay Bicycle Club featuring Lucy Rose. 
Bombay Bicycle Club ft. Lucy Rose - Video Games (Lana Del Rey Cover)
I was lucky enough to catch BBC & Lucy Rose at their shows in San Diego & Los Angeles. Their show in San Diego was at The Casbah, a small venue that immediately reminded me of a dive bar in Santa Barbara. It was a 21+ show & quite intimate if you ask me (what a relief it was to not feel squished or have someone's beer spill on you.... multiple times). After Lucy Rose's set ended, I found her hanging out in the patio area and chatted with her for a bit. After asking if they would perform the LDR cover during Bombay's set, Lucy laughed and went on about the concept of how they had to select the cover and that it probably will not be performed live again. I thought they did an amazing job by stripping Video Games dry and delivered it as a completely different song.  
Florence + the Machine - Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer Cover)
(Here's the original.) 
First off; It's Florence. She makes this track sound just as sexy, but with a more innocent Wonderland-ish tone. I first heard this when she released Lungs: The B-Sides (it's a must for your ears if for some strange reason you haven't listened to it yet.) 

It was hard to cut myself off from posting more videos, no joke. 


No comments:

Post a Comment