FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, April 23, 2012

& WE'RE BACK!

My dearest apologies for dropping off the face of Blogger recently, I'm still recovering from Coachella while juggling this full-time school & work lifestyle. There I go again acting overly-dramatic.... Once I'm able to upload everything from my camera I promise to share the pics & video on this lovely page :) So, what better way to pick back up from where we left off by exposing your eyes & ears to new (or maybe not so new) tunes!
 
PURITY RING - OBEDEAR
Purity Ring has will release their first official album on July 24th, and needless to say it was a sweet surprise for them to drop a track months before the release. There's just something about this futuristic-pop duo that never fails to disappoint. Their sound will drop-kick your worries until you decide to move on to something else. 



BEACH HOUSE - EQUAL MIND
As most of you already know, April 21st was the date for "Record Store Day" 2012. Record Store Day is celebrated internationally on the third Saturday in April every year! As apart of the celebration, Beach House released a limited edition 7" vinyl single with "Lazuli", a track from Bloom, their upcoming studio LP. "Equal Mind" was chosen as the b-side and will not be found on Bloom's track listing. The beginning of the track reminds me a little of "Myth". It won't be long before you find yourself heading down a different path from the sounds of Myth, but expect it to be equally as dark & lovely. A.K.A. what i'd like to describe as the forté for Beach House. 
MARINA & THE DIAMONDS - THE STATE OF DREAMING
I'm sorry but I've turned into an impatient diamond and when I heard that bits of Electra Heart (the upcoming album for Marina & the Diamonds) were leaked, I could only stay away for so long before giving into temptation. One of SEVERAL cool things about this track is that the instrumental is the same that is used in Part 4: The Archetypes (see previous post for the video clip). Electra Heart is released in the UK in about a week, and will not be released in America until July....... I know, I know......Tragic. 
ZEDS DEAD FT. OMAR LINX - THE ONE
If you missed Zeds Dead at Coachella, I don't know what to tell you except LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE RIGHT NOW. Their set blew my mind, to say the absolute very least. The icing on the cake for the set was that Omar LinX was also present, and hearing this track live = adios. 
YOUNG WONDER - ORANGE
I recently heard this track and it was love at first sight. I've yet to get my digital hands on their recently released self-titled EP, but I have a good feeling about this "electronic dub-pop" duo from Ireland. Check out their page by clicking on the link above when you get a chance! Great vibes, and most of all-contagious.

TILL NEXT TIME! XX

No comments:

Post a Comment