FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, April 2, 2012

freshvibesmonday

Hope you guys had a safe & eventful weekend, here's some tunes to help start the week off right. :)
I feel like this came out of the blue, but don't think i'm complaining because I'm still thriving on their last full-length album Swoon. Neck of the Woods is due out May 8th on Dangerbird Records. From this track alone, I already recognize a more electronic rock feel, but I'll let you be the judge of that. :)
I was introduced to Hooray For Earth by a friend a couple of months ago, and immediately was hooked on their track "True Loves", and as I was scrambling through the tracks on their album thats also titled True Loves, my eyes were immediately attracted to the title "No Love" which takes a different direction from the album title. It took a few listens to get the hang of the track, but it's definitely one of my favorites by Hooray for Earth. Hope you like it too! 
Slow Club - The Dog
They have a great sound them, and this song is pretty catchy. It reminds me of a little bit of Tokyo Police Club with Los Campesinos mixed in it. If you don't have an idea who those bands are..... just imagine the excitement of a minimum day when you're in high school topped mixed with the band the garage band that your crush is in. Not to say that this is for "younger audiences", but this music reminds me of younger times: times when I felt a lot more kick-back about life, and "hard times" never crossed my mind. Not a bad thing to say about Slow Club.


" I DO ALL I CAN; BUT WHO IS MY MAN?" that says it all ladies & gentleman. I have so much respect for Sharon Van Etten, and after her making it through a rough performance in LA recently (due to an overly- intoxicated fan who literally stole the spotlight from a LARGE %  OF THE TIME. Honestly, I didn't let that get in my way for as long as I've waited for this experience.) "All I Can" has a similar buildup like her previous track "Love More" and evolves into a chorus that needs to be heard at the highest volume. Mark my words, this is in my top 3 albums of 2012 so far. I want to kick myself in the face for traveling to Bonnaroo 2011 & not catching her set, repeatedly. TRAMP is the album you want to keep with you at all times. From beginning to end, this album will tug at your heartstrings.

P.S. I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE COMMENTS! I KNOW IT'S WEIRD WITH THE WHOLE GOOGLE+ BUT IT'S NOT HARD TO SET UP A SIMPLE ACCOUNT, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU LOVE & LET ME KNO WHAT YOU HATE--IT MAKES LIFE THAT MUCH EASIER AND ENJOYABLE!
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment