FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, April 2, 2012

SUNDAZE


Welp, it's been real Spring break. Sadly tomorrow starts a new quarter, but what's really on my mind is the fact that WE LEAVE FOR COACHELLA IN 11 DAYS! So much excitement, and so much to do in such little time. I'm hoping to share with you guys as many Coachella acts as possible, but for those who dwell on my Coachella posts, I'll share some other tunes as well. 
Grouplove - Itchin' on a Photograph
I heard about these guys last summer when the track "Colours" was a free track from Itunes, and caught a bit of their set at Outside Lands Music & Art Festival (great festival to check out in San Francisco around August). I love watching bands live that have more then a few people in the band, as it's an experience to watch them feed off each others' energy. What I really like about this track is the way that it builds up to the chorus before exploding with intensity. The way Christian Zucconi's voice weaves in and out with the sound of the instruments makes it super catchy. Other tracks to check out: Colours, Tongue Tied, Slow. (DAY 2)

Feed Me - Trichitillomania
I literally screamed at the top of my lungs as I read that Feed Me was on the Coachella lineup. Thankfully I was in my living room, and home alone. I've yet to see the infamous "Feed Me" (also known as Jon Gooch). I was immediately hooked when I first heard "Pink Lady" around this time last year. As you already know, I am horrible at giving descriptions.. so by providing you with the videos I hope that you'll understand why I chose these songs in the first place. In ways this track seems repetitive but it's the type that you'll get lost in for 6 minutes and 46 seconds & not realize it. Other tracks to check out: One Click Headshot, Whiskers, Relocation, Strange Behaviour (DAY 1)
Miike Snow - The Wave
First & Foremost: MIIKE SNOW IS NOT ONE PERSON. It's actually three guys from Sweden: Christian Karlsson, Pontus Winnberg, and Andrew Wyatt. This is your ideal pop indie "band" with an electronic twist. The video for "The Wave" is the sequel to the video for "Paddling Out" which was the first single from their recently released album Happy To You. Words can't describe how excited I am to actually experience this set "live". (DAY 2)
Gardens & Villa - Thorn Castles
This was a great surprise to see a local Santa Barbara band on the 2012 Coachella lineup, and even better that it was Gardens & Villa. Pitchfork describes the bands' sound as "mixing gothic mysticism and hazy dream pop", and I definitely have to agree. I've had the pleasure of attending two of their shows within the past 8 months and with their last show at Casa de la Raza in Santa Barbara, it made me even more pumped for their upcoming set at Coachella. I've heard nothing but great things about these guys and I wish them the best of luck! Without a doubt, catching Gardens & Villa's set will be a great way to start the last day of Coachella! (DAY 3)

----------
NEW BEACH HOUSE!!
Yes it's true....The Baltimore duo of Victoria Legrand & Alex Scally are about to release a new album titled "Bloom", and a few tracks have already been released. As tranquil & elegant as their previous albums sound, expect a continuation. I was very pleased with their performance at last years' Treasure Island Music Festival, as they played on the Bridge stage while the sun went down. The first single from their new album was released around 3 weeks ago and if you haven't stumbled across it already, enjoy!
Another track has also surfaced on the web, "Lazuli" which also sends a dark chill down your spine. Recently I've been listening to a lot of Memoryhouse, where I receive similar vibes.... this isn't something to do a keg-stand to, but more along the lines of when you have a night to yourself and feel like busting out a blank canvas. Or maybe that's just me......
p.s. do you recognize any similarities ?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

THAT'S ALL FOLKS! XX

No comments:

Post a Comment