FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tunes for Your Thursday.

Here are some tunes for you to enjoy, both new & old. :)
Los Campesinos! - TIPTOE THROUGH THE TOE BITS
As this track appears as a recent release, it actually was one of the tracks that didn't make the cut to be on their 2011 full-length Hello Sadness. I 
Blood Diamonds Ft. Grimes - "PHONE SEX"
Words can't explain how I feel about this song, I'm sure this will show up the next time you visit YouTube narnia.
Family of the Year - "DIVERSITY"
This is a recent stumbling find for me (not from Stumbleupon, I literally stumble when I hunt for music). This track has a bit of a Grouplove / Mates of States sound to be honest, which I really really REALLY like. 
Bear in Heaven - "SINFUL NATURE"
This is a track off the recent full-length April release for Bear in Heaven called I Love You, It's Cool. Other tracks to check out from this group include: "The Reflection of You", "Kiss Me Crazy", and "Cool Light". 
MGMT - "OF MOONS, BIRDS, AND MONSTERS"
A bit of a throwback, but I randomly found myself watching videos of MGMT from 2008-2009. This track is by far one of my favorites, and I chose this particular clip when they performed on KCRW because it's a perfect example of how amazing James Richardson (the lead guitarist) is. I was lucky enough to catch MGMT headline the first day of the 2009 Treasure Island Music Festival. Sadly, I was underage & sober as a bear but still had one hell of a time. 
POP ETC - "KEEP IT FOR YOUR OWN" (Yours Truly Session)
Yes it is true, The Morning Benders are now acknowledged as "POP ETC". I really appreciated the first part of this clip as it definitely answered some questions us MB fans had. If you're not too familiar with The Morning Benders, check out the video below. 
"All Day All Light" from their 2008 debut album "The Big Echo"
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros - "DEAR BELIEVER"
The followup to the LA groups' 2009 debut album is FINALLY OUT! So much folk, so much soul on the new album Here. I've already listened to the entire thing over a handful of times. It's definitely an album that fits perfectly when listening from beginning to end. I highly recommend listening to everything on this album, and besides it's only 9 tracks deep (but honestly I think that's all they needed to do). Jade's vocals are out of this world too (listen to "That's Whats Up" and you'll know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment