FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, June 11, 2012

freshvibesmonday #8


Happy Monday to all of you reading this! This past weekend was one of the best weekends for live music in the US with the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival held in Manchester, Tennesse and the Electric Daisy Carnival taking place in Las Vegas. One can only imagine how many new tracks were dropped, so until we know - enjoy some fresh tunes!


Here's a new track from the lovely Lucy Rose. I adore how this track throws me off a bit just like "Red Face" did when I first listened to it. She has such a beautiful voice, and a sweet person when you meet her. Crossing my fingers that Lucy Rose will join Bombay Bicycle Club when they come back to the west coast part of their tour this fall! She opened for BBC earlier this year during their US tour and played a small solo set that was absolutely beautiful. I can only imagine how it will sound with a full band behind her. 

Young Wonder - "LUCKY ONE"
If you've had the chance to read previous posts on my blog, you would know that this isn't the first time i've ranted about them. This duo from Ireland has had my full-attention since they released their self-titled debut EP a couple of months ago. In this particular track, "Lucky One" I admire the CocoRosie flavored vocals that are paired with experimental vibes. 
 
Metric - "LOST KITTEN"
MMMMM ready for new music from Metric? Their upcoming album Synthetica is on the verge of being released, and lovely little leaks made their way onto YouTube. The diversity of this album has me drawn to it in it's entirety. This particular track just amazes me for some reason. Emily Haines is one of the darkest lyricists that are overlooked due to the melodies/instruments played against here. I believe that this is the album were a lot of expressions become more apparent and shit really gets real. 

Seapony - "WHAT YOU WANTED"
If I'm not obsessing over 80's influenced electronic music, then there's a huge chance I'm probably tapping my foot to a track that makes you want to roll down the windows while driving on the 101 southbound. Seapony is a group that is fairly new to my eyes and ears. This trio formed in 2010, and their sophomore album titled Falling will be released in the fall (September) on an independent label "Hardly Art" that was founded by Subpop. If you have the time, check out the website for Hardly Art- lots of underground artists that are worth checking out like La Sera, The Moondoggies, and more!

2:54 - "CREEPING"
This particular track has been around for quite some time, but it was only a week ago when 2:54 released an official music video for the track. The video I featured above is about 2 weeks old, but I feel like it does the track some justice. Let's just say that whenever I include 2:54 in a playlist, you'll find bands like Warpaint, The Horrors, and Still Corners.
Laura Marling "I SPEAK BECAUSE I CAN" (Live at Coachella 2012)
If I had time to make a full-blown Bonnaroo flavored post featuring my picks to see: this lovely lady named Laura Marling would be one of the first few listed. Her talent seriously gives me the chills, therefore almost every song I hear I generally fall prey to. Laura Marling has collaborated on a few tracks with Mumford & Sons, and she's released 3 albums in the last 4 years. Pretty impressive for a 22 year-old folk musician, right? Unfortunately I missed out on her set from Coachella, but she will be making her way to Santa Barbara in the next couple of weeks thankfully. 
Grand Resort - "OCEAN LINER"
Ah Grand Resort, I like you. This is a lo-fi gem that has me dreaming about something beautiful whenever I listen to it. Another summer vibe that makes me wish I'd finish the last of my schoolwork already. Grand Resort consists of AndrĂ©s M. Pichardo & promotes the sound of Grand Resort as "tropigaze". I definitely have to agree with you on that. Can't wait to hear more!
L$D - "DON'T SMOKE MY BLUNT BITCH"
If you're feeling a little plain jane these days with your music selection, why not check out Grimes, Kreayshawn, Blood Diamonds....or better yet, L$D which features all of them plus Lady Tragik. They recently released a track titled "DON'T SMOKE MY BLUNT BITCH" and according to a tweet from Grimes herself, the track was recorded in 10 minutes. Check out the video below for the track that took about an hour to make, it's definitely what people would call a good time nowadays (or going apeshit) . If you think about the background of each individual in L$D, this is quite a collaboration. In fact, it's a bit genius. L$D has all of the bases covered to make catchy tracks and shoot hip videos that make you feel like you're missing out on something big...because you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment