FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, June 18, 2012

freshvibesmonday #9

It's Mondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. One step closer to my graduation from college which is this Friday, wooo!  This past weekend was definitely one of the most hectic yet eventful weekends since I've been living in Santa Barbara. UCSB graduation with festivities left and right. Luckily I was able to find some goodGOODgood tunes for today's post if you're still recovering like me. Hope you dig them like I do. ENJOY!
Cat Power - "RUIN"
September 4th is the day that Sun, the first full-length album from Cat Power since 2008. This album was performed & produced by Cat Power (Chan Marshall) herself! Impressive, and I'm already in love with this song. Just from listening to "Ruin" I have a feeling this album will take another direction from The Greatest. 
David Byrne & St. Vincent - "WHO"
Two legends, one album. "Love This Giant" has been in the works since 2009, with the two artists exchanging tracks with each other until they settled with a list of 12. This isn't just an collaborative album, David Byrne & St. Vincent have announced a North American tour with 22 dates (3 of them are in Canada).  
The Mynabirds - "BODY OF WORK"
I believe that this track was one of the recent freebies on iTunes, and it's definitely a goodie.cThis track is off her 2012 album titled GENERALS, which i'm slowly becoming addicted to. :)
Madeon - "FINALE"
A newly released track from your favorite teenage deejay, with vocals from Nicholas Petricca. It's interesting to think that Madeon already has a song titled "Finale" when he's at the peak of his career, Irony?
Azealia Banks - "AQUABABE"
What to say about Azealia Banks besides the fact that I'm obsessed with her lyrics, and in case you're wondering she's back on Twitter ;). This track especially reminds me of a Missy Elliot/M.I.A. concoction, but spiked with a synthvibe that flows slightly on post-dubstep surface. Keep an eye out for this track on her upcoming mixtape "Fantasea" due out July 4th.
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - "I'LL COME BACK 4 U
Stumbled across this track this morning when I read about the Adult Swim Singles Program (thanks Pitchfork). This is the first of 12 tracks to be released. Unknown Mortal Orchestra frequented a lot on our store radio when I worked at Urban. Once upon a time I won tickets to see them before finding out that I had a midterm that same night, fail.


*FYF FEST LINEUP ANNOUNCED THIS MORNING & IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH CHECKING OUT. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment