FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ALL THINGS CHVRCH(ES) RELATED

Right around the time that I moved to Philadelphia, I stumbled across a catchy little synth-pop tune by a trio called CHVRCHES (pronounced as "Churches"). 
It went a little something like this..
"LIES"
To be honest, it had been awhile since I heard something so powerful (especially coming through my headphones) and I was eager to hear more from this group based in Scotland. I searched high & low...... and came out with no luck. What I did find out was - who they were. Lauren Mayberry is the lovely young lady you'll find delivering MOST (but not all) of the vocals, Iain Cook (Synthesizers), and Martin Doherty (Synthesizers). Which part of Scotland are they from? Glasgow! This band hadn't released any new material besides "Lies" until the end of September where I immediately fell in love with "The Mother We Share". Both songs were apart of my morning routine when going to work at the URBN Home Office, and once I get my car back in 2 days - I will be blasting it through my speakers, aaaah! 
So anyways, the point of this post is to share with you the new material that I stumbled across the other day. CHVRCHES stopped by the BBC Radio Live Lounge to perform both old & new material as a session for Huw Stephens
  "SCIENCE AND VISION"
"WE SINK IN"
  I thought both of the "new songs" were quite interesting, and it was a nice change to see someone else in the group provide vocals. There was a lot of "synthpower" (yes I just made up that word) going on in each of the songs which has me believing this will sound even better when at a louder volume. 

&& If you're into covers (like I am) then check out this cover of Prince's "I Would Die 4 U" by CHVRCHES, but if you're looking for it on the internet - "I WOULD DIE 4 V". Clever, clever. Hope you enjoy this little spin on the track!
If this post has stimulated your interest for this lovely trio, check them out via Twitter, SoundCloud, Tumblr, and YouTube
This is a talented band that I truly hope to see at South By Southwest (SXSW) 2013, and touring in the US soon! A girl can dream, right? CHVRCHES recently wrapped up their part as the supporting act for Passion Pit's UK leg of the tour. All I have to say is: DON'T LET THIS TRIO OUT OF YOUR SIGHT! :) 


1 comment:

  1. sxsx 2013 in austin, tx confirmed! Where? What venue? Lord i hope it s Mowhak!

    ReplyDelete