FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sounds For Your Sunday

Hope this post finds you in the middle of a lazy Sunday, the way all Sunday's should be spent!  
*^Almost to 400! Woohoo^* 

Now, Now - "THREAD"
Thanks to the sidebar on YouTube, I found this Minneapolis-based trio the other day & haven't stopped listening to them since. It was actually this track that I first listened to, and about halfway through the song I felt something click in my mind. It wasn't long before I found myself on a listening rampage with Threads, their sophomore album which was released last March. I chose to not only feature the official video for "Thread" by Now, Now but also - check out the entire album in its entirety (on Spotify) below! This album is amazing and exerts so much emotion I can't even wrap my head around it, it's that good.      


Hope you enjoyed the album just as much as I did!
Coasts - "OCEANS"
This is another band that I recently stumbled across, and I'm very happy that I did. Coasts are a 5-piece band from Bristol, and have been a band since May of 2011. "Oceans" is the first single to be released from their debut EP titled Paradise. Just by listening to this song alone, I'm a fan of their tropical indie vibes. I can definitely can see how bands like Foals and Future Islands are cited as the main influences for Coasts.  So take my word & check these guys out
Local Natives - "BOWERY"
Hummingbird is almost here! Here's another track off the forthcoming album titled "Bowery". For those of you who live in the Los Angeles area, Local Natives will be playing a live set at Amoeba Records in Hollywood on the 29th of this month (which is also the release date for Hummingbird). "Bowery" is a beautiful track that contributes to the emotional framework that is found within their sophomore album. Not only will Local Natives be playing at SXSW in Austin, but for those of you in the Dallas/Fort Worth area - they will be playing a show on March 16th (Saturday) at South Side Music Hall!   

No comments:

Post a Comment