FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Fascination: Elliphant

Last Thursday as I was waiting for CHVRCHES to make their way to the stage at the Granada Theater, I couldn't help but read what was appearing on the large screens: upcoming shows/events. One of them happened to be Twin Shadow who would be performing at the venue on 6/24 & below was the supporting act: Elliphant. I had no idea who or what Elliphant was, but I've read the name a time or two while browsing the internet recently. So I did some research, and I found out that Elliphant is actually Ellinor Olovsdotter from Stockholm, Sweden. 


I totally have to agree with what it says on her SoundCloud account. Elliphant sounds "like the twisted illegitimate offspring of MIA and Diplo," but as I continued listening to her self-titled debut EP (released back in January via bigger SPLASH Records) - I caught a bit of a K.Flay & Icona Pop vibe as well.  Now that it's officially summer, it's all about energetic tunes that pair well with the sunshine. Elliphant has an infectious vibe connected to her music, and I can only imagine how much of a dance party her live show is. 

Check out her debut EP below, and pick it up over at ITunes here!  

P.S. About two weeks ago, Elliphant released this snazzy lil track called "Music is Life" over on her SoundCloud page that's definitely worth checking out as well. 
Hope you developed a fascination with Elliphant after reading this post! Now have a great rest of your Friday :)
Don't forget to visit LYED on Facebook & Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment