FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Fascination: Mesita

I'm starting to realize that when I'm not working or at a show, there's a pretty good chance I'm sitting in traffic somewhere. The other day while I was battling traffic on the 405 and listening to the Wild Belle channel on Spotify, I stumbled across a nifty little song called "No Future" by Mesita. I'm not sure if it was the rather appealing loop that started the song off or the way the tempo completely changes after a good 30 seconds that reeled me in. I had no idea who Mesita was, but I wasn't going to let this be the last I heard from this artist. Mesita is the solo project of 25-year-old American musician James Cooley from Denver, Colorado. "No Future" is the opening track on his sophomore album Future Proof, released 10/08/13. I'm definitely fascinated with the direction that this album goes, which is pretty much all over the place. The different influences help make this album exciting, and you'll find the same method in his debut full-length The Coyote (I recommend listening to "The Coyotes.") 

Other favorites from this album include: "Forward" & "Creature." 
Grab Future Proof & other music from Mesita on his BandCamp page by clicking here!
P.S. Stay tuned for next week's "Fresh Vibes Monday" post because one of the songs from Future Proof will be featured on there! Can you guess which one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment