FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Last Night: Sir Sly @ The Echoplex

Thanks to the amazing blahblahblahscience (B3SCI) - I was given tickets to watch Dead Times, Jaymes Young & Sir Sly at the Echoplex last night! It was my first time catching a show at The Echoplex, which is located next to The Echo (where I caught Little Green Cars a few weeks ago.) The Echoplex has the same dark and intimate vibe as The Echo, but is more of an enlarged basement with a capacity of 700. After a few circles around the block, we finally found parking and made it just in time to catch Jaymes Young for a few songs, including the hypnotizing "Two More Minutes." It's definitely my favorite from his Dark Star EP, and a voice like his is more than refreshing. Make sure to check out the rest of his material by listening below, and grab the EP on iTunes here!

This was the first time I saw Sir Sly in the flesh (I wouldn't count the time I briefly overheard them from the outside of a SXSW showcase while I waited in line for another show.) Let's just say I was floored by the these guys as this was a proper homecoming show. It was more than convincing that these guys are passionate about what they're doing, and it showed in their performance from beginning to the very end. They're two dates away from wrapping up a lengthy tour headlining throughout the US & Europe. Not only did they play material from their Gold EP, but unreleased music as well that I'm itching to get my hands on. 
Tomorrow night (11/24) they're playing at the Constellation Room @ the Observatory in Santa Ana & also at my favorite venue in San Diego, The Casbah on Monday (11/25.) Don't let this opportunity pass you by while they're still playing in small venues! It was a great show all around, and I know this won't be the last time I visit the Echoplex or see these guys again!

No comments:

Post a Comment