FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Fascination: Your Friend


Nothing like falling in love with a song at first listen. Your Friend aka Taryn Miller (from Winfield, Kansas) has been on my mind since I first stumbled across her feature on The Wild Honey Pie, an online music publication that I'm a huge fan of. So why did I wait a couple weeks to post about her? Good question, but since SXSW is next week - I couldn't think of a perfect time to devote a post solely to her incredible talent that will make it's way to Austin! Her debut EP Jekyll/Hyde gives me the chills in the best way, and reminds me of a younger Sharon Van Etten (who's one of my favorite singer-songwriters, ever.) 


SXSW Schedule:
Wednesday March 12th // Austin, TX // Sidebar // Banners Party // 12:15pm
Wednesday March 12th // Austin, TX // Lewis Carnegie // 3:15pm
Thursday March 13th // Austin, TX // Red 7 // Ground Control Touring Showcase // Midnight
Friday March 14th // SOLO SET // Austin, TX // Shangri-La // Midcoast Takeover // 3:30pm
*Sad to say that I won't be at SXSW until Friday & am crossing my fingers I'll make it to Shrangi-La, but if you're in town - don't pass YF up! Plus you can brag it in my face all you want. 



Which song was your favorite? For me personally, "Bangs" blew my mind instantly... and stayed on repeat for quite some time. Her EP won't be released until April 28th, but you can pre-order it on Domino here or on iTunes here for 5 bucks! I can't recommend this enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment