FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, March 10, 2014

LYED SXSW 2014 Wish List

South By Southwest (SXSW) is one of the best places to discover new & rising talent - or see Lady Gaga perform at the Doritos stage? Either way, if you make your way to Austin, Texas this year - you're bound to witness events that are equal parts weird & amazing. Last year was a great experience for me personally, and definitely opened up my eyes to more than what I had imagined SXSW to be. All I have to say is: be prepared to run around (aka wear comfortable shoes) & always have a few extra backup plans because as the week goes on - the crowd multiplies and you might not get to see who you originally wanted to. If that has to happen - look at the bright side, take a chance and go see someone relatively *new* or venture to one of the smaller venues for a showcase, because you'll never know if you'll see those artists in such a small setting ever again
This year I'll only be there from 03/14-03/16 (Friday-Sunday) but if I was going to be there for the entire Music portion of the fest, here's who I'd definitely make plans to see! (Cross your fingers I'll get to see the ones who are still playing shows while I'm there.) 

My SXSW Wish List
(in no particular order)



1. Torres
Learn more about this talented singer-songwriter from when I first fell in love with her back in September.


3. Tomas Barfod 
03/15 HYPE HOTEL - ISO50 + No Fear of Pop (1pm)
 After reading that Nina Kinert will also be at SXSW this year, I hope the two of them perform a bit together since Nina supplies most of the vocals on Barfod's well-known tracks. 
4. Chela



5. Scavenger Hunt
(SH was one of my favorite finds from 2013, and you can check out their Friday Fascination feature here!)



(Stumbling upon Young Summer was a real treat, check out her FF feature on the blog here!)
03/12: The Iron Bear - 121 W 8th St, Austin, TX (9pm)


9. Wye Oak
03/12Hype Machine + Consequence of Sound @ Hype Hotel (4pm)
03/13KUTX Austin @ Four Seasons Hotel Austin (10am)
03/13Merge Records Official Showcase @ The Parish(11:45pm)
03/14KEXP + Merge Records 25th Anniversary @ Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop (12pm)
03/14The A.V. Club Rainey Day Party @ The Blackheart(4pm)



10.Temples
(This UK psychedelic band won my ears over last summer, and it wasn't long before I had to feature them on the blog.)
03/13South By San Jose (3pm)
03/14: SPIN Day Party (1:30-2pm)


11. Panama




If you're on the hunt for finding more artists, check out this: THE AUSTIN 100: A SXSW 2014 Mix for NPR or 
Showlist Austin.
Hope everyone has a great time in ATX!  xx -Emz

No comments:

Post a Comment