FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Picks, Conflicts, and Predicts of Coachella: Day One


This year marks my 4th Coachella in a row, and it's hard to predict how this one will roll out because every year has been completely different from the one before. Yes, I'm camping & if you think I'm crazy for doing so - you should probably never make it out to Bonnaroo. Once you camp at a festival such as Bonnaroo, everywhere else is a piece of cake (for the most part.)

Day 1 definitely surprised me with its bottom row roster. 
Take my advice and get there as early as you can - last year it took us almost an hour to get in from the campgrounds and I ended up missing a handful of acts I was looking forward to the most. :(

MY PICKS:
The Preatures
Wye Oak
Austra
Waxahatchee
MS MR
Jagwar Ma
Flume
Bastille
Bonobo
HAIM
Chromeo
Ellie Goulding
Broken Bells
Outkast

Who I refuse to miss: Wye Oak, Flume, Chromeo

Predictions: Since Isabella from The Preatures is the vocalist for one of Flume's most recent hits, it would make my day if they joined forces during Flume's set. Zedd will most likely bring out Foxes for "Clarity" & Outkast will blow everyone's mind with the hits.

Conflicts: There's a good chance that the Preatures, Austra, and Wye Oak all playing at the same time. (Please don't do this to me lineup gods.) If it happened, who would I see? TOUGH DECISION BUT, Wye Oak. I would rather save up and see Austra on a proper tour where they play somewhere dark and indoors (that's just me though.)

3 acts I'm looking forward to seeing for the 1st time: 
The Preatures, Waxahatchee, and Broken Bells

Who I'm Skipping On: The Knife was one of the main reasons I attended Primavera Sound in Barcelona last year & it makes me sad to say that I was quite disappointed with their set. I'm not saying that you should skip out on their set, but that I am more interested in catching other acts instead of The Knife.


I will without a doubt be ending my night with Outkast and Broken Bells (which I'm hoping will both be on the Main stage.) 


My favorite Day 1 acts from the past:
The Chemical Brothers (2011)
Marina and the Diamonds (2011)
Skrillex (2011, he was the 3rd person to play on the Sahara stage, now look where he's at.)
Excision (2011)
Cut Copy (2011)
Madeon (2012)
The Rapture (2012)
Dillon Francis (2013)
Stars (2013)
Metric (2013)
Passion Pit (2013)
Modest Mouse (2013)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2013)
Jurassic 5 (2013)
Bassnectar (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment