FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Fascination: Gold & Youth


Gold & Youth are a trio from Vancouver, BC (& occasionally include the talented Louise Burns on vocals.) While I was browsing their debut album Beyond Wilderness for the first time awhile back, I was immediately hooked on "Time To Kill" one of their oldest tracks that wraps the album up quite nicely. I thought to myself immediately afterwards, "why did it have to end?" It wasn't long before I found myself going back to square one aka "City of Quartz" a synth-infused jam that's a borderline ethereal introduction to the 10 tracks that follow. 



This is definitely who I'd recommend for fans of TRUST & Cold Cave, as the nostalgic vibes of a darker time are present in the music. Listen to their debut album released via Arts & Crafts below, definitely one that I re-visit from time to time since first listen.

P.S. Next month Gold & Youth embark on a North American tour with The Jezabels that stretches from coast to coast, definitely worth checking out to see if they're coming to your neck of the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment