FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

LYED x Governors Ball Music Festival 2014


After looking at the lineup, there was no way I could pass up The Governors Ball Music Festival held in New York City. BANKS, Interpol, and The Kills all in one day? How could I turn the other cheek? This was the 4th year of the festival and by far the most impressive bill to date (although I would have loved to have gone in 2012 to see Modest Mouse on the island). The weather was absolutely perfect and the drinks were way overpriced, but hey, what's a festival without overpriced drinks? A major highlight was finally catching the talented Jenny Lewis perform both new & old JL material as well as a few Rilo Kiley classics such as "Silver Lining" & "Moneymaker." I miraculously survived the front of the crowd for Sleigh Bells, and witnessed some strange moments during Tyler The Creators set which may or may not have been the youngest crowd at the festival. If I ever get the chance, you bet your bottom dollar I'll be making my way to the East Coast for more. Even looking back at it after a couple weeks have passed - I still get butterflies from how great the experience was. Enough of my blabbering, below are some photos I took on Siera's handy dandy iPhone (because why take it with a 4 when you can take it on an iPhone 5s?)


FRIDAY: 







Big Boi of Outkast

Andre 3000 of Outkast

SATURDAY: 

Aluna Francis (of AlunaGeorge) with 1/2 of Disclosure




Alexis Krauss of Sleigh Bells


SUNDAY: 



Alison Mosshart of The Kills


Jamie Hince of The Kills







Paul Banks of Interpol 



No comments:

Post a Comment