FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Fascination: Bora York

Thanks to Spotify, I stumbled across Bora York after looking through related artists to Santa Barbara's The Blues and Greys. Third on the list was a band from Minnesota whose avatar caught my eye with a picture that's similar to one I would generally use for my weekly freshvibesmonday post (P.S. Every photo I use is mine unless otherwise noted.) Once I listened to their most recent track "Leagues" a beautiful experience shortly took place afterwards.


"Leagues" is a solid dream pop tune that's quite addicting to say the least. As a matter of fact, it's probably one of the best i've heard in awhile. Self-released through Chris Bartel's own label back in November, "Leagues" is just a taste of their forthcoming sophomore record that's "getting close" to being finished according to the band's personal blog. Another gem that Bora York released earlier last year is "Let Loose" which premiered exclusively over on Neon Gold Records.
Dreaming Free is the debut record from Bora York (listen above via their SoundCloud page.) It's a great foundation for the band with "Ghost Lights" & "Close Your Eyes" serving as two of my favorites from the album. Keep an eye on this band, they're on the right path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment