FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New Music & Then Some

WOOHOO it is now March, and you know what that means? LET YOUR EARS DECIDE turns a year old this month (on the 21st.) Things have started to slow down quite a bit due to location changes, and my laptop is slowly approaching its last breath. This doesn't mean we're near the end though! I'm just wondering if it would be a quicker route if I submitted the post via Pony Express.  By the way, the Facebook page for LYED has reached over 400 likes & I would like to say "THANK YOU" to everyone who went out of their way to click that beloved "Like" button. If you haven't already... then click here!
Next week is a big week for music here in Texas! The music portion for South By Southwest takes place all throughout Austin city limits and artists/bands from all over the world will be partaking in multiple showcases (both official & unofficial.) I am very excited that I will be able to attend this year, and can't wait to share some highlights with y'all. 
Baths - "MIASMA SKY"
First off, WOW. "Miasma Sky" is the first taste from Baths forthcoming sophomore album titled Obsidian (release date: 05/28/13.) Can you believe it's been 3 years since the release of his debut album Cerulean? To this day I still have those moments where I put "Aminals" on loop (sorry I'm not sorry.) From reading a bit of background on what Will Wiesenfeld has been up to since the release of Cerulean & listening to this song alone... it's safe to say that I am very excited for the new album. 
Kids At The Bar - "AWAKE" Ft. Lucy Taylor
Kids At The Bar never fails to amaze me. Seriously, I don't understand how this OKC electronic/house duo is unsigned at the moment. For the past couple of years I have been obsessing over their remixes of some of my favorite tracks like "Walking on a Dream" by Empire of the Sun or "Something To Die For" by The Sounds. Seeing them at Avalon (in Hollywood) two summers ago was the icing on the cake and this new track featuring vocalist Lucy Taylor is a fine example of their original work. Awhile back they were on tour with The Sounds and The Limousines for what felt like eons so hopefully KATB rings a bell? If not, here's your next obsession. Take my word and check out KATB over on Beatport by clicking here 
Hope you enjoyed tonight's pint-sized post! ;)
P.S. I've created a playlist on Spotify of artists/bands that will be at SXSW this year (and are a must-see in my honest opinion.) I will be updating this playlist daily until next Wednesday so be sure to keep an eye out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment