FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Fascination: SPLASHH

Last week I gawked over the lovely Elliphant from Sweden in my first ever "Friday Fascination." Today I present to you: SPLASHH, a four-piece formed in London as of last winter. Enjoy!
So Spotify has this cool way of allowing users to now "follow" other users whether they might be artists or music lovers like the rest of us. I follow a handful of people that are both musicians & friends of mine which is pretty cool, but at the same time it can be a little creepy. I mean, especially when you can literally see everything they're listening to (unless they're in "private mode.") The right side of the Spotify player acts as the "live feed" and while I was looking through my feed I noticed that CHVRCHES had listened to a band by the name of SPLASHH. I've never heard of SPLASHH so with the convenience that Spotify provides, I decided to check out their debut album Comfort.  It starts off with a fuzzy jam called "Headspins" and only gets better from there. According to their FB page, their genre is "Swinging Punk" & are without a doubt a band that's heavily influenced by shoegaze Gods My Bloody Valentine.    
Above is the video for "Feels Like You," and I would be lying if I said I haven't watched this video at least 7 times. I mean... what's more entertaining then watching a pink elephant skate away from the circus in between a series of trippy visuals that make you feel like you're watching a Tame Impala video. 
Comfort is now available in the US via Kanine Records! Feel like giving the album a digital spin? Check it out below via Spotify and head over iTunes to grab it. 
I don't know about you guys, but I'm on a mission to find this gem on vinyl.
So what did you think of the album? Have a favorite song already? Feel free to share your thoughts on the album by posting a comment below!  

P.S. We're 5 Likes Away from 500 over on Facebook! If you haven't visited Let Your Ears Decide on Facebook already, click here & please help us get to 500! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment