FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Fascination: Little Green Cars

So once upon a time while I was at Coachella, I found myself entering the venue on Day 3 alone so I could catch the brother-sister duo Wild Belle. They played the second to earliest slot at the Outdoor stage, and I wasn't going to let anything get in the way. I had already missed Guards & The Neighbourhood on the previous days, so after I found some sunscreen & a handful of goldfish- I made my escape. As I expected, Wild Belle put on an amazing set that had me wanting more - so instead of walking back to the campgrounds I decided to roam the polo fields to see who else was playing. The first tent I stumbled into was Gobi where I read "Little Green Cars" on the sign next to the stage. This was a band I knew very little about, but it wasn't long before I found myself in the crowd among a large amount of die-hard fans who were ooohing and aaahing with every song. This was probably the best decision I made all weekend. 

The Irish band looked relatively young onstage, and as I found out afterwards - all of them had turned 21 recently. 
Their age definitely doesn't show in their stellar debut album Absolute Zero, released back in March via Glassnote Records (also home to CHRVCHES, Two Door Cinema Club, Oberhofer, and more!) 
Grab Absolute Zero on Itunes here!
"Angel Owl" is my personal favorite from the album, but let's be honest - this is a pretty impressive album from beginning to end. Fun Fact: The album was produced by Markus Dravs who is responsible for contributing to the production of both Mumford & Sons albums as well as Arcade Fire's Neon Bible. Below you can check out LGC covering James Blake's "To The Last" for Triple J's Like a Version series. 
So, if you attended Coachella & can't believe you missed out on Little Green Cars, guess what? They're playing at this year's Outside Lands in San Francisco, another one of my favorite festivals that I'm sadly missing out on next weekend. For those of you in my neck of the woods: LGC will be coming to Fort Worth, Texas this October to play at the Live Oak Music Hall. For tickets, click here!
P.S. One of the coolest sections of Little Green Car's website is their "Music We Love" tab, where you can find the bands' latest inspirations & favorite tunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment