FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Fascination: No Joy

As i'm searching on the Club Mercy website for upcoming shows in Santa Barbara, I stumbled upon No Joy, a band I had zero idea about. It wasn't long before I looked up their opening track "E" (from their sophomore album Wait to Pleasure) to make me wonder if this band were inspired by the gods of shoegaze, My Bloody Valentine
My first impression when I heard this band was somewhere along the lines of a jaw dropping to the floor....seriously. As friends of mine know, I'm constantly on the lookout for discovering bands, and although they've been around since 2009 - they're "fresh" to me. No Joy has a hypnotic sound that makes it hard to turn off until the album is over. After a solid listening of Wait To Pleasure, I knew there wasn't a chance that I was going to let this band slip by LYED. 
Although it seems like I've been traveling all over the states (which I have) I will definitely be there at Muddy Waters on October 8th, and I hope that if you're in the area - you will join me! I'm very excited about this show because this will be the first Muddy Waters show in Santa Barbara that I will be attending. I've heard plenty of good things about this coffee house/music venue where acts such as Young Magic & Poor Moon have played in the past.
Listen to Wait To Pleasure below via Spotify and/or grab it on iTunes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment