FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Friday, August 23, 2013

(PRE) FYF FEST 2013

Ruth Radelet of CHROMATICS at FYF 2012 (taken by yours truly)
This weekend is about to be a great one, and that's because the 10th annual FYF Fest is taking place at the Los Angeles State Historic Park! 
Last year's lineup was a solid one in my opinion, but this year's announcement nearly blew my mind. Along with downsizing the amount of names on the bill, the festival now starts at 2PM instead of 12PM. A later start means more time in the morning to recover (or rally.)  Also, as every festival-goer knows... plan ahead if you want to make it to one of the opening acts because you'll never know what obstacles you'll have to face when heading to the fest. 
Be sure to check out this Billboard.com article where Sean Carlson (founder of FYF who was on this year's 30 under 30 - Rising Stars in LA via Refinery 29) is interviewed more in-depth about the festival. 


Who I'm most excited to see: TV On The Radio, Classixx, and Deerhunter
I'll be lucky if I make it in time for: Waxahatchee & Mikal Cronin 
Biggest Dilemma: Death Grips & Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Winner: Yeah Yeah Yeahs 
Although Death Grips was one of my favorite sets from Primavera Sound earlier this year, I'm all about the lengthy timeframe that YYY has (more time for oldies?) I'm not making any promises though, I'll probably pay a visit to the Miranda Stage (that is if Death Grips decides to show up.)


Who I'm most excited to see: Les Savy Fav, My Bloody Valentine, and Flume
I'll be lucky if I make it in time for: Mac DeMarco & ANTWON (although their the same time, eek)
Biggest Dilemma: Flume / Shlohmo & Beach House
Who am I going to see? All 3 (hopefully.) This is where the art of "stage hopping" comes into play. This will be the 2nd time that I will get to see Flume, and the 3rd time that for  Beach House. I'm definitely driven to see both of them again, but I've yet to see Shlohmo.. who's been climbing into my interests more & more with every release (see here.)  

So who are you looking forward to seeing the most? Which stage is "your stage?"
 Hope to see all of you guys if you plan on attending! 
(P.S. Below are a couple other pictures that I captured at last year's FYF Fest.)
BJM of HEALTH
J Tillman aka Father John Misty
Eric Emm of Tanlines

No comments:

Post a Comment