FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Four Songs Your Ears Need to Hear Right Meow

I'll be the first to admit that I've never played Grand Theft Auto, but when my newsfeed was flooded with "GTA V" statuses, links, photos, etc... I had no other choice but to figure out what the hype was about. Before I could get into the game itself, I stumbled across the Soundtrack - which is one amazing compilation of music from artists such as Health, Wavves, Neon Indian, Yeasayer, and Age of Consent. "Colours" is a funky little number that made me quite curious in getting to know about this mysterious duo from across the pond.

"Another Story" is the latest to be released from The Head and The Heart's forthcoming sophomore release Let's Be Still due out October 15th (via Sub Pop.) This track sounded beautiful from the Outside Lands livestream when they performed it this year in San Francisco along with their other new hit "Shake."  Needless to say I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album from this talented band from the Pacific Northwest.  


Without a doubt these are three artists I would have never imagined to collaborate together, but am not an ounce surprised that it's one of the best tracks my ears have heard in awhile. This is apart of the Hunger Games Catching Fire Soundtrack, along with new music from The National, Phantogram, Lorde, and more! 
P.S. Last night's post on LYED featured Lorde's debut album along with two other new releases, check it out if you haven't already!
Saint Motel covering Major Lazer, who da thunk it? After catching a show of theirs at Lola's Saloon in Fort Worth, Texas - I am digging this band to a T. This cover is nothing short of delicious, and Click here to listen to their latest single "My Type" which sounds just as amazing live as it does on SoundCloud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment