FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Open Up Those Ears | 3 Releases I'm Currently Obsessed With At The Moment

Can you blame me for including this stellar album in the mix? It's great, but shockingly isn't my favorite release of the week. "Team" takes the cake for my favorite song on Pure Heroine - it's equally as catchy as "Royals", if not more. That isn't to say that the rest of the album isn't, because it's impressive starting with the mesmerizing opener "Tennis Court" to the very end of "A World Alone" the album's longest track. Ella Yelich-O'Connor (aka Lorde) has displayed some of the best & most honest songwriting in Pure Heroine which won't surprise me if this album places in everyone's "Top 10 of 2013" list.
P.S. "Ribs" is the iTunes free song of the week, click here to grab it before the week ends!
HAERTS, a four-piece currently based in Brooklyn were one of the bands featured at this year's Gorilla Vs. Bear Showcase back in August & I heard nothing but great things about their performance. Hemiplegia is their debut EP, and features both old & new tunes for our ears to enjoy. 
   
HAIM is the kind of band that makes you proud to be a Californian, or maybe that's just me.  After releasing 3 EP's & "The Wire" as a single, I had an idea of what would be featured on Days Are Gone, but was extremely curious to see/hear the *new* tracks filling in the rest of the album. Needless to say my jaw dropped when I listened to "If I Could Change Your Mind" and continued to stay on the floor for the remainder of the album. "Forever" is the first proper song that most of us have heard from the LA trio, and just when I thought it couldn't be outdone - the version on DAG is perfected to a crisp with Danielle Haim's voice sounding at it's best.  
 
P.S. HAIM will be headlining the New Noise Block Party in Santa Barbara on October 19th, and you'd be a fool to miss out if you're in the area! Visit http://newnoisesb.org/shows.cfm for more information regarding the 5th annual New Noise Music Festival. Cayucas will be joining them at the Block Party, a band once featured as a "Friday Fascination"on LYED!  

No comments:

Post a Comment