FB  TWITTER  INSTAGRAM HOME ABOUT FRESH VIBES COVERS REMIXED YOUTUBE FRIDAY

Monday, September 17, 2012

freshvibesmonday #16

Don't forget to check out "LYED" ON:
WOO HOO LET YOUR EARS DECIDE IS OFFICIALLY BACK! After a variety of exams and flights across the United States LYED is now stationed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and ready for business! :) The original FVM #16 post (which should have been posted last Monday) was a pretty mellow one if I do say so myself. Since I've had some time to continue researching, I'm not going to lie that I'm more excited about this post. This is due to the list of events that have taken place and distracted me from posting last week's edition. I've stumbled upon more gems which means this edition of freshvibesmonday shares a similarity to the past ones, providing musical breadth and definitely going somewhat in-depth. 

I'm not afraid to admit that I sometimes play favorites with this music blog, and that is because of how low-key I keep it at times. If you have the slightest bit of knowledge about my brunette self, you would know that I treasure Ellie Goulding & Bombay Bicycle Club equally. I will always have a passion for Ellie Goulding, as last year was quite a growing year for her. The follow-up to her debut album will be released on October 9th in the US and it's called Halcyon. Although I adore the remix that Blood Diamonds did for the latest Ellie track, I must admit I've found a special spot in my hear for this remix from Birdy Nam Nam. It puts a smile on your face, and I am in love with the picture of Ellie Goulding above. Just wait until you see the pictures I have of Ellie from last year to declare how much of a Goulddigger I am. xx

My knowledge of Eliza Doolittle isn't the amount that I'd like it to be, but I do know something about this woman: she isn't afraid to speak her mind. It's one thing to make comments during controversial interviews, but Eliza Doolittle saves her thoughts and disposes them at the right time. This song is so mesmerizing that at first you might be distracted from the punch that this track delivers when you first listen to it. Take my word and give it a few listens, you'll know what I mean. 
Datsik - "JUICEBOX"
Datsik deserves a lot of credit in my opinion, he had one of the toughest slots at Coachella this year (the same time as Swedish House Mafia's set which took place on the Main Stage) yet managed to still deliver a Coachella-worthy set. Datsik hasn't let that get to him, and this particular song "Juicebox" is an example of how easily Troy Beetles can fuck with your mind into thinking that you shouldn't re-think the next time he plays a set in your town. 
pennybirdrabbit - "DAYLIGHT"
If this artist doesn't ring a bell to you, don't fret. If you're familiar with Skrillex then you should already be familiar with her voice as she provided the vocals for "All I Ask of You" off his first EP Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites. Since then she's worked/performed with a variety of artists including Porter Robinson & The M Machine.  Check out more of Penny's music on her SoundCloud account. Share this lovely woman's music with your friends, family, pets, because it is free and you can't go wrong with something that's free right? Penny is a beautiful vocalist that I seriously hope to hear more from in the future! 
How To Dress Well - "RUNNING BACK"
Off the forthcoming album Total Loss, ghostly R&B is indeed Tom Krell's forte. The album drops tomorrow and let's just say this isn't an album you can push play in hopes to entertain a children's 10th birthday party. This is the type of music that is meant for you, and other serious music aficionados. If you're a fan of Blood Orange, then definitely look into this album! 

Imogen Heap - Xizi She Knows
This song was released via Imogen Heaps' SoundCloud Account about 8 months ago, and I am so disappointed that I'm just now finding out about this gem. Check out Imogen Heap's SoundCloud account  for more treats if this is the first time you've heard about this lovely individual. 
Grizzly Bear - "SPEAK IN ROUNDS"
First off, if the only familiarization you have with Grizzly Bear is that damn "Two Weeks" song that plays on nearly EVERY Pandora station imaginable FORGET ABOUT IT. This new album is something bigger and better, and hopefully won't be frequenting on every single Pandora station (yes, it  even made it's way onto my Martin Solveig station one time). It has taken quite a bit of time to get this album out, but I definitely am one to say that it is something worth the waiting. The album comes out TOMORROW, and I'm stoked for those of you who haven't had a chance to preview it via NPR. 
Daughter - "MEDICINE"
This is made available due to WatchListenTell, a beautiful collaboration I found via YouTube. This channel has captured some of the most amazing artists (and especially favorites of mine like Bombay Bicycle Club, Lucy Rose, Two Door Cinema Club, and more recently Jessie Ware). By playing an amazing track in a beautiful setting, this makes for a WONDERFUL video. So in return we must tell others about this type of scenario that is currently going on as a way of spreading the word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment